Thursday, March 2, 2017

Golden Haiku Contest 2017

     Exciting news! My one and only poem submitted to the Golden Haiku 2017 in Washington D.C. is one of the runners up! There were more than 1,200 entries to the contest. My poem will be among the almost 100 haiku that will grace the sidewalks of the Golden Triangle neighborhood near the White House. To be exact, according to Ted Jutras (Director of Placemaking and Activation), the sign with my poem is on the north side of L St, between Connecticut Ave and 18th Street.
     I wish I live close by so I could take a photo. A poet friend has promised to try to take a picture of it while he is in search of his poem. Fingers crossed!
     I encourage you to 
visit the website, goldentriangledc.com/haiku, to see the various winners.
     Here's my poem, inspired by my puppy named Haiku :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment