Sunday, August 19, 2012

The 2nd Haiku My Photo Challenge

Dear haiku friends,

Yes, the Haiku My Photo Challenge is back! This time I’m experimenting on another set of rules. Instead of having a judge to select the winning haiku, why don’t we try a kukai-like (peer reviewed) haiga contest?  

Here’s how it goes:

1. Submit one haiku for this photo. Haiku must be your original work and may not be published anywhere, including online or in print.



     Example:
  the sunset glow
  still warm in our eyes

  blueberry kisses

  
Christine L. Villa

  
2. Email your haiku to chrissivilla@hotmail.com. Please type "2nd HMPC - haiku" as the subject line.
    Sign your entry and include your country of residence.

3. Deadline for sending your entries is August 31, 2012.

4. All participants are going to receive an invitation to vote with a list of all the entries. The list is numbered without the author's name.
    Please vote as shown in this example.
    Haiku #12 -- 1 pt. 
    Haiku #20 -- 2 pts.
    Haiku #51 -- 3 pts.
    Each voter has a total of SIX (6) points to distribute. It can be in increments of 1, 2, or 3.
    Reminders: Please don’t vote for your own haiku and don’t forget to sign your votes.
    You may leave comments while voting, but don’t exceed three lines. When published, the comments and votes will be given anonymous listings.

5. Email your votes to the same email address. Please type "2nd HMPC vote" as your subject line.

6. Deadline for sending votes is on September 10, 2012.

7. Results will be posted here on Blossom Rain no later than September 20, 2012.
    
8. All haiku entries will be posted with the author’s name. Votes will appear as follows:
Ex. 0, 5, 4 = 14
This means that no voter gave three points, 5 voters gave two points, and 4 voters gave 1 point. Total votes is equivalent to 14 points. 
   
9. Prizes: Since it is going to be our wedding anniversary on the 3rd of September and I’m in festive mood to celebrate all the blessings we’ve had in our marriage, I’m giving away a dozen postcards to the first prize winner. For the 2nd and third placer, I’m giving away six postcards each.

    Here are a few samples of my postcards, created using my own photos. 








10. Enjoy the challenge!


Chrissi

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Chrisi, My goodness this IS quite an interesting event. I wish you all good luck and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've mentioned this contest in my blog, Chrissi, and look forward to participating in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Asni! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :-)

      Delete
  3. aloha Christine - fun. i'm working on it. i'm also aiming to get a mention of your challenge up on my (wordpress) blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the quote at the top of the page as usual, probably my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ed. I cannot forget that you told me that. Since then, I've decided to keep it there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI MISS CHRISI,
    IS THE CONTEST GOING ON ?
    WANT TO TAKE PART
    STOPS ROMANIA WRITE ME ON gheopost2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete